Job Title: PROMOTIONS TECHNICIAN (Full-time)
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Supervisor: Client Services Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute radio station promotional activities as directed.
- Safely operate vehicles, prizes, equipment, and other promotional tools.
- Execute creative On-Site Hoopla.
- Attend regular meetings associated with promotions activities.
- Maintain compliance with contests rules and regulations.
- Assist in the day-to-day department operations as needed.
- Participate in station remotes by greeting and interacting with listeners and clients in an enthusiastic and welcoming manner.
- Motivate audiences at remotes by involving them in games and creatively distributing promotional items.
- Drive company vehicles to remotes and events as necessary.
- Set up equipment and organize set up for remotes.
- Interact “live” with on-air talent as required.
- Provide direct support to Promotions Director, Sales Managers and General Manager; assist Sales staff and Programming department.
- Prepare good event recaps and reports as requested and follows-up with required documentation.
- Establish and maintain a good filing system.
- Conduct premium inventory checks on a weekly basis for all stations (vehicles, equipment and promotional items).
- Maintain full compliance on rules, regulations and contract agreements for contest and events (legal requirements).
- Oversee the upkeep and repair of station vehicles.
- Work closely and together as a team with other Promotion Coordinators and Technicians.
- Interact professionally with clients and staff. Shows enthusiastic and welcoming personality to everyone.
- Abide by organizational norms and supports organizational goals.
- Remain calm and professional through stressful circumstances and adapts to different situations.
- Maintain a good driving record.
- Timely attendance at all times.
- Follows instructions as well as takes steps necessary to prevent mistakes and problems.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Performs others tasks as directed.
Minimum Qualifications For Consideration
- Requires good driving record.
- Ability to communicate orally in Spanish required; English speaking skills a plus; bilingual skills preferred.
- Availability to work throughout the week and weekends and rotating schedules as needed
- Able to interact with people all day long
- Professional appearance
- Moderate Microsoft Applications skills (Word, Excel) required
- Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
- Requires highly motivated team player capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, primarily evenings and weekends, depending on station’s needs.
Experience and Education
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Previous work experience in events, Marketing, Promotions, Customer Service, Sales and/or related field is a plus.
- Previous work, volunteer or educational experience in Broadcast, Entertainment, Arts, or Advertising a plus.
Interested candidates should forward resume to:
Promotions Technician URHOU12-14
Attn: Nestor Enriquez/Client Services Director
5100 Southwest Freeway
Houston, TX 77056
Fax: 713 965-2662
Closing date: November 11, 2012
Univision Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.