Job Title: KOVE On-Air Talent (FT)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisor: Content Director
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as Spanish speaking on-air personality during assigned shifts by Content Director, airing music as scheduled and provided by the Music Specialist, and all liners, promos, and commercials as logged.
- Responsible for creating, writing, and delivering creative elements on-air between songs.
- Appear as assigned by Content Director at station remotes, events, public relations appearances, or any other occasion that the station deems necessary for talent to appear to entertain listeners, gather music research, and host.
- Check production assignments daily, and complete (accurately label and upload) all production as assigned before date of air.
- Check station email daily and respond to emails in a timely manner; answer studio phones in a pleasant and professional manner according to corporate guidelines.
- Assist in growth of and maintain station’s social networking sites according to corporate guidelines by posting creative updates daily, and send out text messages as assigned by Content Director and Sales Department.
- Accurately log on the daily discrepancy sheet all discrepancies (commercial lengths, content, etc. . ) between the commercial log and actual material aired and notify Content Director, Traffic and Continuity departments immediately as any issue is discovered.
- Sign on and off of program and commercial logs at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Follow Corporate Compliance Rules, policies, and procedures regarding Payola, Plugola, and Conflict of Interests.
- Accurately run all EAS alerts and log them as required by the FCC.
- Accurately and fully complete all promotional winner forms via promosuite.
- Synchronization of Music logs, merge commercial and music logs and fill as needed.
- Must have and maintain a good driving record.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration
- A minimum of five (5) years On-air Radio experience required
- GED/High school diploma required
- Degree in Journalism/Radio/Television/Film or related studies preferred
- Working knowledge of BDS, Music Master, Media Base and Media Monitor, X-trends
- Working knowledge of Pro Tools, Vox Pro, Audio Vault and/or NexGen required
- Must have excellent people skills, and have an outgoing and positive personality.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Must have a valid TX Driver’s License; maintain a good driving record, and proof of insurance.
- Excellent English language skills (read/write) and Spanish communication (read/write) skills required.
Interested candidates should forward resume and tape to:
KOVE On-Air Talent/Job #URHOU12-08
Attn: Eleazar Garcia
5100 Southwest Freeway
Houston, TX 77056
Closing date: August 3, 2012
HAHMP DISCLAIMER: This job posting has been shared at the request of an HAHMP member or supporter. HAHMP cannot provide additional information about the job in question. The job will remain posted until we are advised that it has been filled or no longer available. HAHMP cannot guarantee that the position is still available at this time.