Job Title: KLAT On Air Talent / Board Operator (PT)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Program Director
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as part-time On Air Talent / Board Operator during assigned shifts, airing music as scheduled and provided by the Program Director, and all liners, promos, and commercials as logged
- Appear as assigned by Program Director at station remotes, events, public relations appearances, or any other occasion that the station deems necessary for talent to appear
- Check production assignments daily
- Complete all production as assigned by date of air
- Accurately label all commercials and save to proper Audio Vault server
- Sign on and off of program and technical logs at the beginning and end of each shift
- Accurately check commercials, PSAs, and all Promotional units as they air
- Accurately log on the daily discrepancy sheet all discrepancies between the commercial log and actual material aired
- Notify Production Director and/or Traffic and Continuity departments as soon as any problem is discovered of any commercials logged, but not available at air time to allow for changes, corrections, or to ascertain status of production of spot for air
- Monitor transmitter readings, and log in accordance with Univision and FCC policies
- Attach EAS notifications to Technical log as required. Accurately and fully complete all promotional winner forms, and put completed forms in designated basket for Promotion Department
- Must maintain a good driving record.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration
- A minimum of one (1) year Radio On-Air Talent / Board Operator experience required
- GED/High school diploma required
- Basic knowledge of BDS, Music Master and Media Base required
- Basic knowledge of Pro Tools, Vox Pro, Audio Vault required
- Must have great people skills, and have an outgoing and positive personality.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to drive. Must have a good driving record
- Must have good English language skills, both oral and written and excellent Spanish communication (oral and written) skills
Interested candidates should forward resume and tape to:
KLAT On Air Talent / Board Operator (PT) Job #URHOUP11-01
Attn: Arnulfo Ramirez
5100 Southwest Freeway
Houston, TX 77056
Closing date: February 14, 2011
Univision Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HAHMP DISCLAIMER: This job posting has been shared at the request of an HAHMP member or supporter. HAHMP cannot provide additional information about the job in question. The job will remain posted until we are advised that it has been filled or no longer available. HAHMP cannot guarantee that the position is still available at this time.